Among All-New Vehicle Intenders in the U.S., percent participating in this activity Almost Every Day
Is your digital marketing strategy giving you the results you want or expect?
While most may think of Facebook as the 800 pound gorilla that should get the lions share of your digital budget, only 60% of new vehicle intenders are visiting Facebook every day. Sure, 60% is a big number, but if you are overlooking other channels that range from music streaming (41% every day) to YouTube (40% everyday) and Instagram (28%), you may be missing a large and very valuable segment of consumers for your brand.
Perhaps even more important is to understand by automotive brand, where are your brand intenders spending their time online? It can be easy to push all your marketing chips into the Facebook bucket, but if the larger portion of your target audience is spending more time on Instagram, wouldn’t it make sense to re-balance your digital investment strategy?
Luxury brand Porsche extends its Social Media leadership.
MIAMI, FLORIDA, 7 May 2019 – Social Media Marketing (SMM) is vital to advertisers and the success of their brands. As a no-to-low-cost platform for connecting with consumers, SMM allows brands 24-7 access to communicate with consumers, share product news, and grow powerful earned media.
“Porsche is very active on social media, continuously attracting new fans, helping to lift its year-over-year score from 96.5 to 100.7 and remaining number one in the rankings,” said Mike Weil, President, Global Automotive Research and Insights at Insights 4 Less, LLC. “Ford is the Non-Luxury brand leader, despite slipping from 95 to 93.1 in the latest rankings. Key strengths for Ford include YouTube while Instagram is an opportunity to be more active.”
Following are some of the US Automotive Social Media rankings for April 2019:
- Despite shutting down its Facebook page, Tesla (79) has added a massive 13 points to its overall social media score since April 2018.
- Jeep (35.7) is steadily building social media strength, now ranked number nine, up two spots from year ago levels.
- Luxury maker Mercedes-Benz (34.1) has strengthened and is also up two spots from year-ago levels.
The Social Media Marketing study is designed to help marketers quickly understand their brand strength among fans vis-à-vis competitors across core social media platforms. The complete study provides platform-by-platform metrics, helping marketers understand brand strengths, challenges, and the opportunities that can lead to greater overall love for the brand.
The weekend is almost here. What's your favorite fun to be had on the weekend? BTW, we know motor sports. If you are in need of hard to find sample or a research expert with motor sports industry expertise, we are happy to help.
MIAMI, FLORIDA, 23 April 2019 – Love is the cornerstone in the Consumer-Brand relationship, explaining a significant portion of why consumers are more likely to purchase a particular brand.
“BMW remains the Most Loved Luxury Automotive Brand in Mexico, leading Mercedes-Benz by a small margin for five straight quarters. As the strength of BMW increases, Mercedes-Benz is fighting back with more aggressive sales,” said Mike Weil, President, Global Automotive Research and Insights at Insights 4 Less, LLC. “As BMW and Mercedes-Benz challenge each other for leadership, the door is opened for other luxury brands to build strength and begin taking share from the dominating German brands.”
Following are some of the 1Q 2019 Mexico Luxury Automotive study findings:
- Audi (62%) continues to apply pressure on Mercedes-Benz (64%) in a challenge for the second position. German luxury sport brand Porsche (58%) maintains the fourth position in the rankings, followed by luxury electric car brand Tesla (50%).
- Land Rover (41%) continues to slip lower, falling to position seven, while sister brand, Jaguar (41%), remains one position behind and below the Industry Median.
- Since 2017, Alfa Romeo (37%) has continued to move up in the rankings, going from position 11 to position nine. Despite its limited product portfolio, Alfa Romeo is creating brand strength that can be converted into additional sales strength.
MIAMI, FLORIDA, 16 April 2019 – Love is the cornerstone in the Consumer-Brand relationship, explaining a significant portion of why consumers are more likely to purchase a particular brand.
“Volkswagen remains the Most Loved Non-Luxury Automotive Brand in Mexico for two consecutive quarters, followed closely by industry sales leader Nissan,” said Mike Weil, President, Global Automotive Research and Insights at Insights 4 Less, LLC. “The Most Loved Brands are in a position to benefit from greater sales and/or profitability success. On the other hand, competitors are constantly challenging the leaders in a race to own the number one position so that they too can benefit from greater sales and profitability.”
Following are some of the Mexico Non-Luxury 1Q 2019 study findings:
- Toyota (46%) for the first time in the history of the study moves up to the number three position leading Chevrolet (42%) and adding pressure to leaders Volkswagen (55%) and Nissan (52%).
- Mazda (39%) improved by six points, moving above Jeep (35%) and Kia (33%).
- Hyundai (27%) remains the tenth Most Loved Brand and has not been able to improve upon this position with sales just inside the top 10.
Lincoln provided an beautiful display at the La Jolla Concours d'Eelegance this weekend. An excellent opportunity for consumers to become more familiar with the Lincoln brand. Being able to freely open the doors and get inside the vehicles can be very powerful for helping consumers to shape more positive perceptions of the brand and create more love for the Lincoln brand. #morelovemoresales #lincoln #automotive #luxury #lajollacours #insights4less
Meaningless or Meaningful?
A brand's social media fan base has little to nothing to do with sales, at least in any direct way. So, why as a marketer should a brand care about:
- Actively posting Social Media content
- Total Brand Fan Base
Aside from trolls, social media provides a powerful set of channels for staying in front of your owners and future owners on a daily basis.
Done right, social media allows brands to continue building their brand awareness and communicate engaging messages that can shape consumers opinions of a brand, moving consumers closer to consideration and eventually purchase.
Overall, social media as a platform is still very young (compared to traditional media) and we should expect a continuing evolution of the power of social. Which is exactly why brands must remain active on the key social channels for developing their brands.
At Cars and Coffee in the ranch with my son before soccer. Together, we love cars a lot (soccer too). While we were not given the keys to take this classic Ferrari race car for a drive, we sure did enjoy staring at its beauty.